Look is a popular insurance agency that operates in Michigan. The company offers non-standard auto insurance for high-risk drivers who have too many tickets, have poor credit history, have DUI/DWI convictions, or are unable to obtain coverage due to age restrictions.
People placed under a high-risk driver status are typically not accepted by most traditional insurers. In some cases, they might even have their policy canceled if they had an existing one. As a renowned specialist in non-standard insurance, Look ensures you get the much-needed coverage for your car regardless of driving history.
Even though non-standard insurance is usually more expensive than standard insurance, Look strives to keep its price fair, allowing you to tailor your policy to your specific needs. Their payment options include payment plans with low costs and low down payments.
Unfortunately, this auto insurance company only issues policies in the state of Michigan. Note that coverage could also vary by location.
Take a look at our review to learn more about Look insurance, its coverage options, costs, and available locations!
Also check our review of » Toggle car insurance
About Look Insurance
Founded in 1989, Look started its first insurance agency in Canton, Michigan. Over the years, the company has expanded its presence and operations to include 9 locations across the state of Michigan, including big cities and small towns.
According to the company’s website, it claims to be one of the largest independently owned and operated franchised insurance agencies in Michigan, while also producing thousands of policies per year.
As a Michigan-based insurer, Look only sells policies in Michigan.
Look insurance coverage
If your past has been characterized by high-risk activities, you might find it difficult to get standard auto coverage. Look non-standard auto insurance can provide an alternative to this.
Their representative will walk you through the review process and recommend a decent policy for you based on your driving history. Since they partner with the leading industry carriers, they tend to have the best possible rates for every client – and for some drivers, monthly rates could typically fall under $100.
The following are the coverage options offered by Look:
- Collision coverage: Look collision policy will pay you for collision damage with another vehicle or object like a tree, pole, or rollover, even if you are at fault or not.
- Liability coverage: As one of the basic policies for drivers, this will help pay for bodily injuries or damages you cause to third parties. Rates typically start at $60, but you will likely pay more as a high-risk driver.
- Motorcycle insurance: If you are a high-risk motorcyclist, Look also has plans tailored for you and your bike. Just like for auto insurance, you can also receive all necessary coverage for your motorcycle even if you have a bad driving record or previous DUI case.
Look does not advertise discounts for drivers on its website. You can talk to an online representative, or agent, or walk into one of their offices in Michigan to find out more.
Need Pay-as-you-go insurance? check our review of » Hugo car insurance
Cost of Look auto insurance
The actual cost of Look’s non-standard auto policy varies from person to person. Your driving record could affect your premium.
For example, if your driving record is populated with numerous cases of traffic violation, DUI cases, etc. you will most likely be charged more.
Look Insurance customer reviews
Look has little to no reviews on any popular review website. This could also be linked to its limited state availability and type of insurance policy, as most people fall under low risk.
The company is also not BBB accredited and has an NR rating on the website.
But this does not mean the company is bad. In fact, Look has been providing non-standard auto insurance coverage to Michigan drivers for over 33 years.
Also check: Low down-payment commercial truck insurance
PROS AND CONS
- Affordable rates
- Quick acceptance regardless of driving record
- Also includes motorcycle non-standard insurance
- Limited availability
- No discounts
9 locations in Michigan to find Look insurance
- Dearborn Heights
- Hazel Park
- Wayne South East – Inkster
- Westland South
How to get a quote from Look
Look makes the quoting process simple for everyone. Currently, you can obtain a quote via their website, through an agent, or by visiting their physical office.
- To get a quote, visit their website
- Click on Quote & Buy Online.
- On the subsequent page, you will be presented with an online form.
- Fill in your necessary details like name, phone number, zip code, and garaging address.
- When done, click Continue to proceed accordingly.
Alternatively, you can call their toll-free number at 888-566-5467 or visit their office at 1046 N. Telegraph Road
Monroe, MI 48162.
How to file a claim
- Visit their Contact Us page.
- Fill in your name, email, and phone.
- Select how you would like to be contacted (via phone or email).
- Now choose your area of issue which is (Need to Make a Claim).
- Finally, proceed by typing your message and click Send when satisfied.
Why you might need non-standard auto insurance
Individuals might need non-standard auto insurance for various reasons. Below are some of the reasons:
- Poor driving record: If you previously have multiple accidents or tickets to your driving record, which has resulted in multiple claims, insurers would likely place you as a high-risk driver.
- You are a young inexperienced or old driver: Young drivers who have little experience driving are typically seen as high-risk drivers. The same could also be applied to drivers above 75 due to their age level.
- You are required to file an SR-22: Some drivers are required to file an SR-22 form after serious traffic offenses. If this is the case, you may need to have non-standard insurance to use the road.
- Lack of Prior Insurance: Since auto insurance is mandated in most states for drivers, a lapse in your coverage might signal other insurers that you might be a high-risk driver.
- You have a suspended driver’s license: When this happens, it could simply mean that you have violated traffic laws or other regulations to the extent that your driving privileges have been temporarily revoked. You’ll likely be labeled high-risk automatically.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How does non-standard insurance differ from standard insurance?
The difference is very simple – Non-standard insurance often provides coverage for high-risk drivers who may not be eligible for coverage from standard insurance companies. The premiums for non-standard insurance are typically higher, which shows the increased risk associated with insuring these individuals.
Can I switch from non-standard to standard insurance?
Yes, but this takes time. If you are keen to improve your driving record, your high-risk status will likely be lifted to low-risk. Most insurance companies offer the opportunity for drivers to show responsible driving behaviors.
Is non-standard insurance available in all states?
Yes, but while Look insurance exclusively operates in Michigan, there are still other national insurers that provide nationwide non-standard coverage like Progressive, Statefarm, and Geico.