If you think you no longer need a policy from Embrace Pet Insurance and would want to cancel your policy, then this guide is for you as we will guide you through methods you can use to cancel your policy.
For whatever reason it could be, canceling your pet insurance shouldn’t be a big deal. Interestingly, Embrace Pet has made the process simple and straightforward. With just a call, you can discontinue your policy with the company.
Embrace Pet Allows you to cancel your policy via phone or through email. So let’s see how you can end your policy using these two methods.
Related: Churchill Pet Insurance Review
How to Cancel Embrace Pet Insurance via phone
This method is the simplest and most reliable way to end your policy. Embrace Pet customer care representatives are always there to help you through the process.
To begin with this method, simply call Embrace Pet at 800-511-9172. You then have to follow the voice prompt to speak with a representative.
Before opening a call with them, make sure you have your policy number and other important personal info about you. Like every other insurance provider, they might ask you the reason for canceling your policy.
How to Cancel Embrace Pet Insurance via email
Alternatively, you can also cancel your pet insurance policy through email by simply sending a formal request asking for your policy to be canceled.
To do this, simply send an email to Embrace Pet Insurance. Provide your policy number in the mail, your personal information, and the reason for cancellation. You will be replied to sooner or thereafter.
You can also cancel your policy online by logging into your MyEmbrace customer account and visiting the “Cancel Policy” section.
What You Should Know Before You Cancel Your Pet’s Policy
According to Embrace Pet Insurance, these are things you should know before canceling your pet’s policy:
- Waiting periods are reset & policies are subject to new underwriting if you cancel & purchase a new policy later
- Pre-existing conditions follow your pet from policy to policy. If you cancel today & sign up again later (whether with Embrace or another company), conditions your pet has been treated for or diagnosed with are considered pre-existing & may not be covered
- If you’d rather reduce your premium than cancel, log into your MyEmbrace customer account & visit the Change Coverage section to adjust your policy to better fit your budget
- If you cancel WITHIN 30 days of your policy start date & have not submitted any claims, you will receive a full refund
- If you cancel AFTER 30 days of the start of your policy, or if you have submitted claims in the first 30 days, you may be eligible for a pro-rated refund
- Pro-rated refunds are calculated from the day after you cancel to the end of the current billing cycle
Remember that your pet’s health must be treated with utmost priority. If you are canceling your pet insurance with Embrace Pet, remember to have a new coverage active for your furry before your existing policy expires. Overall, we just provided you with the ways you can quickly cancel your pet insurance policy with Embrace.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I cancel Embrace Pet insurance policy at any time?
Yes, Embrace Pet Insurance is always available to help you cancel your policy at any time.
Will I get a refund after canceling my policy?
Yes, but only if you cancel within 30 days of your policy start date & have not submitted any claims.
What are the penalties for canceling my Embrace pet insurance policy?
There are no penalties for canceling your Embrace pet insurance policy within the first 30 days of the policy start date. However, if you cancel your policy after the first 30 days, you may be eligible for a prorated refund.
What happens to my waiting periods if I cancel my policy?
After canceling your policy with Embrace pet insurance, your waiting periods will reset. You will now have to wait a full period again if you want to purchase a new pet insurance policy.
I’m still not sure if I want to cancel my Embrace policy. What should I do?
If you’re still not sure if you want to cancel your Embrace policy, you can always call customer service and speak with a representative. They can help you weigh the pros and cons of canceling your policy and make the best decision for you and your pet.