Midvale Insurance is a member company of the Homesite Insurance Group, which is backed by American Family. Unlike its member company, which has several insurance products, Midvale focuses on offering a few, which are auto and home insurance.
The company is direct about what it offers and makes the policy process easy for customers. However, Midvale does not openly release the actual costs of its insurance policy until a quote is finalized.
Midvale auto insurance includes most types of coverage you would need for your car, from basic to comprehensive coverage. They also feature a handful of endorsements that you can add to enhance your protection on the road. If you are shopping for auto insurance with discounts, you can also benefit from their array of discounts.
Their home insurance policy has an extended home coverage add-on that can increase your dwelling coverage by up to 25% or 50%. When included in your policy, it will pay you if damages to your home exceed the amount of coverage provided by your policy.
While Midvale insurance can appear promising, the few reports we have garnered from users have been the opposite.
Take a look at our review to find out everything about Midvale auto and home insurance policies, including their pros and cons.
About Midvale Insurance
Midvale Insurance is an AmFam-incorporated company and member company of the Homesite Insurance Group based in Madison, Wisconsin.
Its insurance products include auto and property insurance (home, condo, and renters).
Midvale insurance is available in all 50 states, even though it does not release covered states on its website.
Midvale auto insurance
Midvale auto policy is offered across all states. Your car policy rate could significantly increase if you choose to add more extras to your policy.
Midvale auto insurance coverage
- Bodily injury liability
- Gap coverage
- Property damage
- Underinsured/uninsured motorist
- Medical payments
- Emergency roadside service
- Rental car reimbursement
Need car insurance for your rideshare business? Check our review of Toggle car insurance.
- Collision: In a situation where your car suffers from a collision with another vehicle or object, the collision coverage will pay you for the cost of repairing or replacing your car.
- Medical payments: This will cover your medical fees up to the amount provided in your policy if you or others are injured in a car accident. The medpay policy covers funeral costs, injuries to you in another driver’s car, or if you get hit by a car while outside.
- Rental car reimbursement: If your car is undergoing repair and is not roadworthy, this coverage will pay for a rental car up to your policy limits until your car is fixed.
Midvale roadside assistance services include battery jumpstart, towing, tire servicing, lock-out assistance, fuel delivery, and roadside repairs.
Midvale auto insurance discounts
Drivers can save some bucks on auto insurance with Midvale’s massive collection of discounts. Discounts are available through:
- Adding multiple vehicles
- Being a good student
- Steering into savings as a new policyholder
- Early birds
- Having automatic payments via ETF
- Making a first-year payment
- Paperless registration via electronic policy delivery
Midvale home insurance
Midvale provides homeowners with the flexibility to customize their insurance policies by offering personalized endorsements that cater to their unique needs for their home.
Moreover, they offer numerous ways to save on home insurance to make it more affordable for homeowners. Here’s what their standard policy covers:
- Personal property
- Liability coverage
- Falling debris coverage
- Power outage damage
- Bringing your home up to code after a loss
- Theft of personal property
- Weather and natural disaster coverage
Also check » OpenHouse home insurance for Floridian residents.
Your base policy will increase if you choose to select additional coverage options for your home.
- Identity theft protection: With this add-on, Midvale will cover the expenses of litigation or lost wages due to identity theft up to $15,000.
- Personal injury protection: If you have suffered from libel, slander, or invasion of privacy, this rider will cover the associated costs.
- Coverage for valuables: If you have high-value items like fine arts, jewelry, etc., you can include this coverage in your homeowners’ policy for maximum protection.
- Extended coverage: Midvale’s extended coverage will provide up to 25% or 50% dwelling coverage if your home suffers from damage that exceeds what is in your policy.
- Increased limits on personal property: This pays beyond the limits of your standard personal property coverage.
Policyholders can save on Midvale home insurance through the following ways:
- New home purchase: This applies when you purchase a new home
- Bundling policies: You get a discount for bundling home and auto insurance
- New roof discount: Homeowners can get a discount when their roof is less than 10 years old or if they recently purchased a new roof
- Moving to a new home: You will get a discount when you move to a new home or apartment
- Homes with alarm or fire protection system: There is a discount for homes with a centrally monitored alarm or fire system
- New construction discount: You also receive a discount based on the age of your home, typically new homes
Midvale insurance reviews
Not so much information is available online about Midvale. Midvale Insurance is not accredited on the Better Business Bureau website. They currently have a rating of B- in terms of their financial strength.
On the BBB, some users have cited concerns regarding how the company cancels policies without prior notice, including poor customer support.
It’s important to note that Midvale is backed by the American Family, a top national insurer with over 95 years of experience. So, despite any negative reviews, you can trust that Midvale offers reliable and personalized policies that align with your budget.
Need pay-as-you-go insurance? Check our review of Hugo car insurance.
Midvale Insurance customer service center is available through the following days:
- Monday – Friday: 8:00 am – 11:00 pm EST
- Saturdays: 9:00 am – 8:00 pm EST
During this time, you can speak with an agent to complete a quote for you or find out more details about their policy.
- BBB – N/A
- AM Best – A (Excellent)
- An array of discounts on auto and home insurance
- Straightforward policies
- Backed by American Family
- Little information is available about the company
- There is no information about the cost of their policy
- Some customers have complained of a hike in premium after their first year of insurance
How to Get a quote
Enrollment can be done online.
- Visit the Midvale website
- Select the policy you need, and then follow the on-screen instructions to get a quote.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Midvale a good insurance company?
While this could be subjective, our overall assessment shows that Midvale is a good insurance company with a strong financial stability rating on AM Best. This signifies that the company can settle claims with policyholders. They also have the backing of AmFam.
However, when shopping for insurance, keep in mind all the limitations of the company, as it is reported that the company can be difficult to get in touch with during emergencies.
Who owns Midvale Insurance?
Midvale Insurance is underwritten by the American Family and administered by member companies of Homesite Insurance Group.
How to file a claim
You can file a claim through your online account or by calling 844-263-0250. You can also do this by sending an email to email@example.com.
Do I need both home and auto insurance?
Auto insurance is required by law in most states. However, while it doesn’t apply to homeowners insurance, having both can help improve your overall protection. And interestingly, Midvale offers a discount when you bundle your auto with home insurance.
How does Midvale calculate my auto insurance policy?
Midvale typically uses general factors like your driving record, age, gender, and location, including your deductible, to determine your premium.