Standard Insurance Company is one provider you can always turn to if you are seeking dental care for your teeth and gums. Their plan is ideal for families, employed individuals, and people with ongoing dental issues.
They provide dental care that would both fit your needs and budget. If you plan to buy a dental policy with The Standard, we will guide you through all you should know about their dental plans, costs, and if it is worth it.
But before then, let’s look at some basic details about the company.
About Standard Insurance company
Standard Insurance Company was founded over 117 years ago. The company exists as an insurance and financial company under the parent company of StanCorp Financial Group. The Standard is headquartered in Portland, Oregon.
Besides dental insurance, the company also offers vision insurance, life insurance, and disability insurance.
Standard Dental Insurance Plans Support
Here’s how their plans support you with your dental needs.
Large PPO Network: With their large Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) network, you have the flexibility and liberty to access dental care by seeing any dentist in the network, with even dentists in Mexico.
Choosing Your Dentist: This plan allows you to choose any dentist you like for your dental care. However, you tend to save money when you visit a dentist in the network. In addition to visiting a dentist in the network, network dentists can also help submit claims for you.
Dental Health Support: The Standard offers policyholders coverage for preventive care life. This support typically covers checkups and many more.
Standard offers a variety of dental insurance plans, including:
- Individual dental insurance: This plan is designed for individuals who do not have dental insurance through their employer.
- Family dental insurance: This plan is designed for families who need dental insurance for all members of their household.
- Group dental insurance: This plan is designed for businesses that want to offer dental insurance to their employees.
What Does Standard Dental Insurance Cover?
Below are some dental policies you can get from The Standard.
- Preventive Care:
- Regular dental check-ups and cleanings (usually every six months).
- X-rays for diagnostic purposes.
- Fluoride treatments for children.
- Sealants for children and adults.
- Basic Restorative Procedures:
- Fillings (e.g., amalgam or composite fillings) for cavities.
- Root canal therapy for infected teeth.
- Extractions (tooth removal).
- Major Restorative Procedures:
- Crowns (caps) to repair and protect damaged teeth.
- Bridges to replace missing teeth.
- Dentures (partial or complete) for tooth loss.
- Dental implants (sometimes partially covered) to replace missing teeth.
- Orthodontic Treatment (Not always included):
- Braces for children or adults to correct misaligned teeth or bite issues. Orthodontic coverage may be limited or subject to waiting periods.
- Oral Surgery:
- Wisdom teeth extraction.
- Surgical procedures for more complex dental issues.
- Periodontal (Gum) Care:
- Treatment for gum disease (periodontal disease), may include scaling and root planing.
- Maintenance visits for ongoing gum health.
- Emergency Dental Care: (Not always included)
- Coverage for emergency dental services, such as treatment for toothaches, dental trauma, or other urgent dental issues
Cost of The Standard Dental Insurance
The average Standard dental insurance premium is $30 per month. The cost of dental care could vary depending on the provider you are using. Generally, if you’re using a provider inside the Preferred Provider Organization network, the price will tend to be slightly lower, as compared to when you use a provider outside the network.
If you are using a provider inside the network, you can get started now to find out the estimated costs inside the network.
Outside the network? See the average dental costs of dental coverage.
Note that this service is hosted by Ameritas, a Standard Insurance company partner for dental and vision coverage. Simply provide the dental category and add your zip code to get an estimated dental cost.
Your location could also impact the cost of your dental coverage outside the network. For example, the average price of deep sedation or general anesthesia in Nevada ranges from $50-$85, while a similar service is between $70-$115 in New York, $75-$95 in California, and $90-103 in Florida.
How to sign up for the standard dental insurance
You can enroll in Standard Dental Insurance through your employer, union, or other group plan administrator. You can also enroll as an individual. Quickly sign up today with the company to start using their service.
How to find a dentist near you
You can decide to see any dentist you like. However, when you choose a network dentist you will get a lower fee and won’t be exorbitantly charged. Find a dentist today to get started.
The Standard Dental Insurance phone number
For group dental or vision claims services or other inquiries, you can contact The Standard Insurance Company call center at:
Their call center lines are available from:
Availability of the company
Standard Insurance Company’s dental insurance coverage is available in all US states except New York.
The Standard insurance company address
The Standard is headquartered in Portland and located in the Standard Insurance Center. The company also has offices in Standard Plaza.
Also read: How to Easily Cancel Cigna Dental Insurance
If you are looking for insurance coverage that won’t cause you to break the bank, then The Standard dental insurance coverage is a must-have. From their large PPO network to dental health support, the company is sure to give you the perfect dental care you need.
However, cosmetic procedures like teeth whitening or veneers are not covered in their dental policy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do I need dental insurance if I have good oral health?
Dental insurance can still be beneficial for covering preventive care and unexpected expenses like accidents or emergencies.
Does the standard dental insurance cover braces?
Yes, The Standard insurance company does offer dental insurance that covers braces.
Can I purchase Standard dental insurance independently, or does it have to be through my employer?
You can often purchase dental insurance independently, but it’s also available through employers and some government programs.
Can I choose my dentist with dental insurance?
Yes, you can choose to see an out-of-network dentist, However, The Standard dental insurance plans have a network of dentists, so you may receive better coverage and lower costs if you visit an in-network provider. They can also help in filing claims for you.
How do I file a claim for dental services with Standard Dental Insurance?
To file a dental claim with The Standard, all you have to do is log in to their website and go to the claims page. You can file a claim by mail or fax.